Help the Endemic Wildlife – and the People – of the Galapagos Islands
Your generosity can fuel a project that will bring balance to the delicate ecosystem of the Galapagos Islands, the Ecuadorian archipelago that is currently under threat because of an overpopulation of rats.
WISDOM LLC, Animal Balance, and the Agencia de Bioseguridad Galápagos (ABG), are teaming up to reduce the threat of the rodents without resorting to poisons or culling. Instead The Galapagos Project will employ a tested organic product that renders rats infertile.
This will help protect numerous endangered animals and plant life, most notably the pink land iguana (which only lives on Isabela Island in the Galapagos). But it will also help the people of these islands, whose food crops are being decimated by the rodent population.
Donate today and bring innovative solutions to save pink land iguanas, penguins, and numerous other endangered endemic species. Your donation will change lives (animal and human) in this ecologically sensitive and spectacularly biodiverse part of our world.
Major Gifts = Major Impact
Join our team of Major Donors with a substantial gift that will provide vital support for The Galapagos Project. Here’s what your generous donation will make possible:
- $25,000 will sponsor one farmer for the duration of the program to humanely control over population of rodents on their farm, creating the opportunity for financial and food security for their family and village. (A $10,000 contribution will offer that support to a farmer for one year).
- $5,000 will sponsor an Isabela Island Resident Village Coordinator, to maintain the Galapagos Project program including collection of data to ensure the program is effective.
- $5,000 will finance a US-based researcher to travel to Isabela Island to collect data for analysis and deliver supplies to support the program.
- $2,000 will sponsor an Ecuadorian veterinarian to travel to Isabela Island to learn and participate in the program, with the goal of using it on the mainland.
- $1,000 pays for preparation of supplies in the United States to be transported to Isabela island.
- $1,000 will finance a local translator for a year, to provide services to visiting scientists and researchers.
Interested in becoming a Major Donor? We’d love to talk with you.